Skellefteå's Cimberly Wanyonyi impressed last Friday with her rendition of Whitney Houston's "Greatest Love of All". Ahead of this Friday's final, she is especially excited to be on the Idol stage and is looking forward to performing with a large gospel choir.
– When we found out we were going to sing with a full gospel choir, I felt like I wanted to do something really powerful.
The song Cimberly has chosen to perform is "Survivor" by Destiny's Child.
– It's going to be a goosebump moment. At least for me, Cimberly says with a laugh.
The Idol jury used their lifeline last Friday by saving Olivia Aliotti, who received the fewest votes. With the finale fast approaching, there are rumors that not one, but two contestants will leave this Friday.
How do you feel about Friday's final, Cimberly?
– It feels scary and challenging. The lifeline has been used, so if you get eliminated, you're going home.
How do you feel about your growth curve?
– My confidence and feeling of being able to believe in myself has grown. I know that I can actually go out there and do my thing on live TV. That has boosted my confidence.
What will you bring to this Friday's final?
– I could have just done a straight gospel song. But I won't. Instead, I will do gospel with a modern twist and hope to stay in the competition for a while. This Friday's final has an extra element of excitement, of course, because two of us will probably be eliminated. I hope the people of Skellefteå will be with me.
Here are the songs that the participants have chosen to sing during the fifth Friday final
Simon Näslund sings "Praise You" by Samuel Ljungblahd.
Olivia Aliotti sings "Rise Up" by Andra Day.
Jordan Rawling sings "I'll Be Waiting" by Cian Ducrot.
Louisa Hoxha sings "Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson.
Tilda Vodusek sings "If I Can Dream" by Elvis Presley.
Isak Uddström sings "HIM" by Sam Smith.
Cimberly Wanyonyi sings "Survivor" by Destiny's Child.
Antranik Khantarashian sings "Himlen är oskyldigt blå" by Ted Gärdestad. SLAY
Saga Ludvigsson sings "This Is Me" by Keala Settle.
Idol airs on Fridays at 8:00 PM on TV4 Play and TV4.
The Idol final is on December 1 and will be broadcast live from the Avicii Arena in Stockholm.
According to the bookmakers' odds at ATG, Skellefteå resident Cimberly Wanyonyi is the favorite to win the Idol 2023.