The property owner, Broholmen Invest AB, wants to sell the property, Lantmannagatan 10, and has teminated the leases of the building's tenants. Stig Forslund, who owns Broholmen, says that several people have been interested in the property, including Skellefteå municipality.
– The municipality wants the property because they want to expand the school nearby. They have some ideas about what could be done there, he says.
Broholmen is to close which is why the company wants to sell Lantmannagatan 10.
The company has been negotiating with the municipality about the property for a little less than a year. It is still unclear whether Broholmen will sell the building to the municipality, but according to Stig Forslund, it is highly likely that the property will be demolished regardless.
– I can't say much about what will become of it, but regardless of who takes over the property, it will most likely be demolished, he says.
Abbaz Azemi has been running the popular restaurant Don Vito since 2017. The move-out date for the restaurant is the last day of May and if Azemi doesn't find a new premises by then, he will have to close down the restaurant.
– It feels tough. The idea was to work and push it further than I have done now. It's a big loss in terms of income. If I were to shut down the entire business, I would be behind by several hundred thousand, he says and continues:
– I thought I had done the hard part by getting through the tough early years. But now that things are starting to get a little better, this is the last thing I needed.
Azemi says that he has not yet found any new premises. However, he believes that Broholmen should help him find one.
– If he ejects me from here, he has to find a similar premises so that I can run my business, he says and continues:
– I don't think he has looked because he hasn't offered me any alternatives.
What are you basing that on?
– Because he has not offered me a new premises.
Stig Forslund says, however, that Broholmen has no responsibility to find new premises for Don Vito. He says instead that the company must pay a fee to the restaurant.
– I have no obligation to find new premises for him. We have agreed on a settlement instead. We pay out the settlement that we agree on and then it's done, he says and continues:
– Everything is done "by the book".