The 20-year-old Elliott was last seen on Tuesday. The Skellefteå resident is now being sought by the police, Missing People, and relatives.
Elliott has been missing since Tuesday. His parents reported him missing on Thursday and he is now being sought by police, the Missing People organization, and relatives. His cell phone rang in Jävre, just south of Piteå, on Tuesday evening and has been switched off since then, says Martin Persson of Missing People.
He is most likely driving a dark gray 2005 Volvo sedan S80 and is believed to be heading towards Norrbotten.
Norran spoke to his parents on Sunday and they want Elliott's picture and name to be published. Anyone with information is asked to contact the police immediately.
– Everything was normal earlier this week, and we have no explanation as to why he drove to Norrbotten. It's very mysterious and we need help to find him, says Elliott's mother.
Has he ever gone missing like this before?
– No, never.
The police officer on duty said on Saturday that they are working on the case.
– We are working with the available leads to try to find the missing person.
The police have not so far asked the public for help in finding the person.
– Not at this time, no. We have other things to deal with. The case is with the serious crime unit, and we have asked the local police in Skellefteå for help.
It is common for missing persons cases to be handled by the serious crime unit.
– All missing persons cases are classified as serious crimes; that's how we assign cases. A missing person's case can lead to a serious crime investigation, so it's natural to assign the case to them, says the police officer on duty.
Martin Persson from Missing People says they are currently working on gathering information.
– When a person goes missing with a car, we don't have much to go on. His cell phone rang in Jävre on Tuesday evening, but now it is switched off. He could have turned around in Jävre and gone in another direction; we don't know. Cases like this are difficult.
– The police are not doing much at the moment; they will probably step up their efforts on Monday. For now, we are working as hard to gather information.
Missing People still has an Amber Alert posted on Sunday. There have been no new leads.