According to a network map on Telia's website, there are issues with mobile coverage in Bergsbyn, Ursviken, Bureå, and Skelleftehamn, with Skelleftehamn being the most affected. A tipster to Norran writes that it's sometimes impossible to make calls from there.
Another tipster mentions that it's down in the Bureå area.
According to Telia's Network Map, there is a cable fault, and repairs are expected to be carried out on Tuesday morning, November 14.
Skellefteå Kraft reports a disruption in TV services in Bureå. Troubleshooting is underway, but there is currently no status update on when it will be resolved.
Irene Krohn, Telia's press chief, confirms the disruptions.
– We suspect a cable break because of the extensive disruption, she says.
This affects both landlines and mobile networks, she adds.
– It's mainly the southeastern areas of Skellefteå that are affected.
Technicians have been dispatched to investigate the problem.
Is there a risk that more areas will be affected during the day?
– I can't answer that at the moment.
Your website states that the problem is expected to be resolved by Tuesday at 08:14. Do you have any more information?
– Not at the moment, we are still investigating the problem.
Calling 112 always works as long as there are other operators in the area.
–Coverage varies in the area, so depending on how you move around, you may have better or worse coverage.
It's difficult to estimate the number of people affected, says Krohn.
– We don't know how many people are in the area. When it comes to landlines not many are affected, says Irene Krohn.
Skellefteå Kraft says its TV signal disruptions are unrelated to Telia's coverage problems.
– As far as we know, it has nothing to do with Telia's problems. We have problems with the TV signal going through the fiber network. The fiber network itself is working, but the TV signal is not. We don't know what the problem is, but we are investigating it, says Elin Ala, press communicator at Skellefteå Kraft.
Do you have more information? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.