It was during the early hours of Thursday morning that the police were alerted to the crime.
The police are investigating a serious crime in a housing estate in Svartöstaden in Luleå - a man has been arrested. According to information, two people were found dead.
– One person has been arrested and we continue to work on the case during the morning, says the police spokesperson.
But according to other sources, it is a family tragedy where two people, who are related, have been found dead.
The police confirmed this at lunchtime.
– We are investigating a case of murder. Two people, a man and a woman, are deceased. One person is arrested and it is a young man. Interrogations are to be held with him during the day. The people are related to each other and we see this as an isolated incident, says Per-Anders Heikkilä, head of serious crimes in Norrbotten.
The deceased woman is in her 40s and the deceased man in his 20s.
– We are continuing with a technical investigation of the site. Then interrogations and door knocking will be carried out, says Heikkilä.
A reporter was on site at the roadblocks.
– The technicians have arrived at the scene and they are flying with drones. The entire street is cordoned off, says reporter Ingela Rasimus.
– A neighbor came out and told us that she was walking her dog at six in the morning. She heard a voice scream and then she saw the police arrive with guns drawn.
The person, a man who was barefoot, is said to have then been arrested by the police.