– It feels so good, says headmistress Petra Sahlin. The preschool was originally closed three years ago when a new preschool in Falkträsket opened.
However, due to the increasing need for preschool places, the municipality decided to reopen Orrens preschool.
– Finally! We have been looking forward to opening and welcoming families. The teachers are fantastic; they are enthusiastic and are well prepared, says Petra.
Orrens has two sections, Blåbäret and Lingonet. Six teachers have been hired and there is room for 40 children in total.
There is a kitchen and the food is prepared at Sunnanå preschool.
– There will be 13 children starting in January. Then it will gradually fill up. Most of the children are about one year old, says Petra.
– It's great that we're up and running, says Johanna Steinvall, one of the teachers.
When Norran visits, there are no children present at the preschool. They are in the process of starting school and are only there for about an hour a day.
Before reopening, some new furniture was purchased and the premises were spruced up. Petra Sahlin is the school principal for the entire Sunnanå-Skråmträsk-Klutmark area and says it is good that the preschool is back in use.
– It is great that Orrens preschool is back, not least for the parents who have applied but not gotten a place in, for example, Falkträsket and Sunnanå.